Georgia Tech seeks to support researchers in their efforts to secure funding from a myriad of sponsors. Most funding opportunities are external, and there are a number of offices and resources in place to connect researchers to relevant information and the sponsor themselves. However, there are many internal funding opportunities at the institute as well, particularly those designed to assist researchers in getting new programs off the ground.
Pivot is a comprehensive global source of external funding opportunities available free to all Georgia Tech researchers. Researchers can search for funding opportunities or sign up for e-mail alerts.
COVID-19 Related Funding Opportunities
Please view a number of special, COVID-19 related funding opportunities.
- The Office of Sponsored Programs provides guidance on federal funding opportunities.
- The Office of Research Development provides strategic guidance as well as practical support for development of large-scale research funding proposals.
- Industry sponsors are an important element of our innovation ecosystem. To begin exploring opportunities with industry, reach out to the Office of Industry Collaboration.
- Foundation Relations manages Georgia Tech’s relationships with various foundations and non-profits.
- The Office of Industry Engagement guides faculty in exploring interactions with international sponsors.
Office of the Executive Vice President for Research (EVPR) Funding Programs
Many sponsors, either consistently or for specific opportunities, mandate the number of submissions that an institution can put forward for funding. While the sponsors are external, the first step in securing funding is an internal selection process. Current limited submission opportunities are typically listed on the Georgia Tech internal competition page (filter by “Limited Submission” if the list is long). If you would like to apply for a limited submission opportunity that you don’t see on this page, please contact Susan Roche at 404.894.8802 or email@example.com The institute’s Policy on Limited Submissions is available here.