These are students who are typically registered in a degree program at another university (U.S. or abroad) who undertake research opportunities of mutual interest to Georgia Tech, the visiting student and their home institution.
These appointments are usually two months to 12 months in nature. The proposed visit is to conduct research to fulfill degree requirements set forth by the home institution.
These positions are not eligible for benefits. Students from abroad must participate in the J-1 Student Intern program. No Visiting Research Student may be in the B-1, Visitor for Business, or Visa Waiver Business (VWB) categories.
- Copy of Offer Letter
- Completed Background Check or Security Clearance
- Funding Letter from Sponsor Institution (if applicable)
- All packages should be routed through GT Tracs. The approval date will serve as the effective date for the package.
- Research Faculty Department will verify all information
- Candidate will then have approval to complete new hire paperwork in the OHR Customer Service Center