Visiting Research Faculty are senior scholars and distinguished visitors who typically hold a doctoral degree or the foreign equivalent and who hold an appointment comparable to those of Georgia Tech faculty, and are usually on temporary leave from their universities, research centers or labs.
They visit the campus for relatively short periods of time, usually no longer than a year, serve as senior researchers, collaborate on research projects and publications with faculty members, and/or pursue independent research, under the invitation of a faculty member of Georgia Tech.
Ordinarily, Visiting Research Faculty are self-supported, or have adequate supporting funds. These positions may or may not be benefits eligible due to the percent time worked (50% time or higher for 6 months or longer). These positions are not eligible for faculty voting rights. This title will replace all other Visiting Research Titles and job codes.
The non-exempt job code for Visiting Research Faculty should be used if the candidate will be making less than $455.00 a week or does not meet the FLSA annual minimum of $23,660.
- Follow the procedure for hiring Regular Research Faculty
Non Benefits Eligible
- Copy of Offer Letter
- Completed Background Check or Security Clearance
- Funding letter from sponsor institution (if applicable)
All Packages Should be Routed Through GT Tracs
- The approval date will serve as the effective date for the package
- Research Faculty Department verifies all information
- Candidate will then have approval to complete new hire paperwork in the OHR Customer Service Center