Institute Contact: Susan Roche, 404.894.8802 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ORAU is now accepting applications for the Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Award. This award provides seed money for research by junior faculty at ORAU member institutions such as GT. Powe awards are intended to enrich the research and professional growth of young faculty and result in new funding opportunities.
ORAU accepts applications in the following categories:
- Engineering/Applied Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematics/Computer Science
- Physical Sciences
- Policy, Management, or Education
Applicants are encouraged to develop research collaborations with government, private-sector, and other academic researchers. Such alliances enrich and extend not only the reach of your efforts, but the nation’s research enterprise, overall.
Because of the close working relationship between ORAU and Oak Ridge National Laboratory, the Award Committee particularly encourages collaborative interaction with ORNL.
This is a one-year $5000 award, which requires at least a $5,000 intuitional match. Funds can be used to pay for faculty summer salary, graduate student salary, travel or equipment.
Applicant must be a full-time assistant professor, within two years of their initial tenure track appointment (1/12/2013 - 1/12/2015), at the time of application.
There is a limit of 2 applicants per institution in the national competition; therefore GT will hold an internal competition to identify the applicants who will represent the Institute.
GT Internal Competition Submission Process
- Submit Statement of Intent - by December 12, 2014
- This very brief statement is an optional step, but it is VERY helpful in the identification of appropriate reviewers.
- Statement should be sent to Susan Roche at email@example.com
- Statement should include:
- PI Name and Affiliation
- Anticipated Collaborators (if applicable)
- ORAU Application Category (see above)
- Research Area(s)
- Submit Pre-Proposal Package (3 page max) - by December 15, 2014
- Package should be submitted via this internal competition website.
- Package must be a single PDF file which includes:
- Research Summary (1 page max) listing: a) Research goals and objectives; b) Relevant background; and c) Expected research outcomes and relevance.
- CV (1 page max)
- List of Publications/Presentations (1 page max)
For More Information
- Go to Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Awards website.
- All questions should be directed to Susan Roche at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404.894.8802.