Institute Contact: Kelly Rockwell, 404.385.2953 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for 2013 has passed; this page will be updated when the deadline for 2014 is announced.
The Offices of the Provost and Executive Vice President for Research (EVPR) are excited to continue funding the GT-FIRE program. A significant part of this program is to support feasibility studies of high-risk, transformative ideas in research and/or education with significant emphasis on their transformative potential, the Fund for Transformative Research and Education.
Fund for Transformative Research and Education
Funds may be requested for high-risk, potentially transformative, innovative ideas in research or education. Funding decisions will be made with a heavy emphasis on innovation and the transformative potential of the ideas. Of particular interest in education are novel ways of increasing student faculty interaction in the classroom, as well as projects with the end goal of nurturing innovation/creativity in our students. Single investigators or teams may apply for up to a maximum of $40,000 in funding for up to two years. Investigators can be PI on only one proposal. Faculty salary support is not encouraged, but will be considered under exceptional circumstances that are justified. Deadline for requests is March 31, 2013 for July 1, 2013 start date. Proposals will be reviewed by a committee comprised of GT faculty members.
The two page request must be submitted with the following information:
- Proposed transformative idea and its potential impact;
- A specific sustainability plan subsequent to the end of the GT-FIRE funding;
- Potential significance of the proposed research or educational idea being explored and measure(s) of success
- Two-page CV of the PI and team members (not included in page count);
- A budget (also not included in page count).
Proposals should be submitted to T-Square by following the instructions below:
- Log on to http://www.tsquare.gatech.edu
- Under the "My Workspace" tab, click on the "Membership" sidebar.
- Click on "Joinable Sites" and join "GT FIRE."
- Submit your paperwork as one pdf using the Drop Box tool.
- Direct any questions regarding uploading or for the program to email@example.com
For more information of GT FIRE’s other program, Planning Funds to Aid Large Extramural Proposal Preparation, please visit http://www.gatech.edu/research/faculty-and-staff-resources/funding-opportunities/georgia-tech-fund-innovation-research-and