GT-FIRE: Georgia Tech Fund for Innovation in Research and Education
Institute Contact: Gail Spatt, 404.385.8334 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The GT strategic plan envisions innovations in research and education. The Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and the Office of the Executive Vice President for Research (EVPR) are pleased to support GT-FIRE- Georgia Tech Fund for Innovation in Research and Education. The program has two goals: 1) support feasibility studies of innovative, transformative ideas in research and/or education with significant emphasis on their transformative potential, and 2) facilitate planning for large extramural proposals. For more information about Funds for Transformative Research and Education, please click here.
Planning Funds to Aid Large Extramural Proposal Preparation may be requested for workshops, meetings, retreats, or limited travel to facilitate large proposal submission by groups of faculty to brainstorm proposal ideas and prepare for large extramural submissions.
- Large proposals are defined as ones with strategic value to GT and with more than $500,000 in direct costs per year
- Up to $4,000 per group may be awarded through GT-FIRE
- Every attempt will be made to make decisions within 2 weeks. To ensure quick turnaround, these proposals will be reviewed administratively.
- As a deliverable, a one page, planning document outlining future steps must be submitted within 30 days of the meeting/workshop being concluded.
Deadlines: Support can be requested year round.
Proposal Format: A one page proposal with the following information is required:
- Opportunity being pursued
- Group of faculty to be invited to attend the workshop/retreat
- Purpose of the workshop/retreat
- Two-page CV of Pl
Proposals should be submitted to email@example.com. Technical and programmatic questions may be directed to Chris Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ray Vito (email@example.com). Questions regarding submission or procedural matters can be addressed to Gail Spatt (firstname.lastname@example.org).