At Georgia Tech, research in the complementary fields of electronics and nanotechnology provides the foundation for a broad range of advances in health care, consumer, industrial, transportation, and national security applications.
Georgia Tech is well known for its deep expertise in electronic and semiconductor devices, components, micro and nano systems packaging, testing, and circuits. The Institute has also become a national leader in nanoscience, nanomaterials, and nanotechnologies.
Research Focus Areas
- Micro and nano device fabrication and processing
- Organic materials and device functionalization
- Characterization and imaging
- UV and IR laser micro-machining
- Bond, assembly and reliability testing
- RF mm-wave and photonic testing and characterization
- Semiconductor materials and devices
- Photovoltaic materials and devices
- Nanoparticles for drug delivery
- Optical materials systems and technologies
- Diffractive and holographic optics
- Non-linear optics